Monday, June 9, 2008

Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad

I hate pepperoni. I know, it's un-American but I really do hate it! But I love pasta salads and am always scouting new ones. I tried this a few summers ago as an alternative to the traditional oil and vinegar salads and it was a hit. I even liked the pepperoni!

10 plum tomatoes, chopped
3 medium green peppers, chopped
2 c cubed mozzarella
3.5 oz sliced pepperoni
2 oz can sliced black olives
1/2 c onion, chopped
1/3 c tomato juice
1/4 red wine vinegar
1/4 c olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
3 Tbsp fresh basil, shredded
2 c rotini pasta, cooked and cooled

Combine tomatoes, green peppers, cheese, pepperoni, olives and onions. In a small bowl, combine tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Pour over tomato mixture. Add pasta and basil and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least a few hours.

No comments: