Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sliders

If you are from the midwest you know exactly what sliders are. White Castle burgers. Yum. When I was very pregnant with Amelia I forced friends to eat some with me in hopes of going into labor. Christine called me the next morning to inform me that I was the only one NOT in labor. These are as good of a recreation as I have found. Be sure to blot the meat before you put the cheese on or you will have a greasy mess!

1 lb ground beef
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 egg
1/3 c bread crumbs
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp water
3/4 lb Velveeta
12 dinner rolls

Preheat oven to 400. Mix meat, soup mix, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, and water. Press into 13 x 9 pan and bake 10-15 minutes. Drain and blot. Slice Velveeta over the meat and melt. Serve on buns with chopped onion and pickle chips.

No comments: